Friday, June 24, 2011

Aerial views of my "territory" in Asingan


This view shows my neighbourhood, the environment where I grew up. My neighbour was Mr. Sergio de Mesa (RIP) who happened to be my godfather. He was also my Gr. 5 teacher at the Dupac Intermediate School ( old name of the NCS). I believe he is one of the first US Navy retirees in Asingan, together with Mr. Ambrosio Divina Sr. You can blow up the photo by pointing your cursor on it and clicking it once..


The crossroad on the top left side goes to Dupac, if you turn right and to Macalong, if you go straight..There was a candy store in this corner before ( Monyangs convenience store )which took all my pocket money because they were selling imported US chocolate bars: Milky Way, Three Muskeeters, etc. costing only 15 centavos each.. Right now I can only taste Milky Way if I go to the US because this candy is not available here in Canada..




This view shows the ricefield in Calaoagan behind the small street going to the Delmendo Cable Company..





At the bottom left shows the new Asingan Municipal building. The street behind it is named DCostes in honor of my grandpa who once served as mayor of the town. The long street on its left perpendicular to it going north to Dupac is called Soloria street, maybe named after Samuel Soloria, the one time Municipal Secretary of our town.The other street near the rice fields of Calaoagan which crosses DCostes street is where Mr. Melecio Villanueva lived. He was our Gr. 5 teacher during those days. His son Nestor is my best friend in high school, THE RIZAL JUNIOR COLLEGE. We used to sing in a combo together with Cesar Alejo ...






This shows the aerial view of the town plaza. The Auditorium I think is named after Mr. Dalmacio Guillermo one of the well known citizens during those early days of Asingan. My friends and I enjoyed countless hours hanging out in the plaza especially at the base of the water fountain without any water ( marked J on the picture ) particularly during Friday afternoons when there was no school the next day..

No comments: