Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

"I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE YOUR TWO GRANDKIDS FOR GIVING THEIR TIME AND TALENT TO THE LORD. YOU LED THEM TO THE RIGHT TRACK BRO. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE FAMILY CIRCLE."

December 25, 2009..Dateline, Toronto..

I switched on my Computer today to find this line sent to me by Polly, a very good hearted friend I met thru the AMB. Then I remembered the events of last night and Christmas 2008.

We cooked the turkey this year. Last year, we had the Christmas feast in Brampton at my daughter's Michelle's house. My other daughter Berna and her family came to join us, with her husband and their two children. My son Oliver and family were there in spirit.

We had the Christmas 2008 get together which was climaxed by a song-and-prayer session organized by my grandaughter Emma. She wrote the short prayers and I selected the appropriate hymns. It was a rather touching event because a) we did not attend Church that time and b) it was a very young member of our family who initiated the program.

It went well, we sang the Christmas Carols with feeling. I used a small Yamaha keyboard for accompaniment. Then I realized that two generations of church singers were there. Michelle and Berna ( who sang with me around the late '80s ) and Mia and Emma ( who sang with me around the early 2000's ).

But last night was a totally different scenario. Around September this year, we joined the choir of the St. Andrew's Presbyterian church where we are presently affiliated. A month before Christmas, I suggested to the Pastor Paul Kang that my two grandaughters would sing one Christmas Carol during the Offering of the Gifts which takes place as the last part of the service.

That event took place last night. There are two wonderful instruments in this church: a real pipe organ and a Grand piano. It was my very first chance to play on a Grand piano, on a Christmas and accompanying my 2 grandaughters again singing GESU BAMBINO. The congregation broke into an applause after the last note died down..

Yes, sis Polly. The hand of God led me again to make music with my 2 grandaughters for the spiritual upliftment of the congregation. And we do it for the Greater Glory of His Name!. Amen, amen!!

No comments: