Thursday, March 6, 2008

In 1960, I did not like to go back to College..First, I did not know what course to take..Second, I enjoyed staying in Asingan because every Sunday morning, we got to sing during the Sunday Masses at the choir loft. The place looked like the balcony of an auditorium or a movie house.

The choir loft of the  old Asingan church dissapeared after the big quake in the 90s shook it down like a pack of cards..

IN short I was having a good time in Asingan at the expense of forsaking my College studies.)..

I was the organist/song leader of that group then. One of them was Freda Romero and her best buddy then was Julie Delmendo who is now in LA..I saw Julie for the first time last July 2007. This is the first time for me to see Freda on a photograph..

In 1961, I went back to College. It was then I realized that if I stay in Asingan without finishing a University degree, I would be left out of the "race of life.."

Freda and her husband..Nana Perla and Amading beside her. Her best friend, my Auntie Minay are still alive..Both are now having  memory difficulties. Both are miles apart. I wonder if they would recognize each other if they come face to face...

 

The rest of the photograph...

No comments: