Thursday, March 6, 2008

oldest Asinganian photo in the Internet..

This is a 70 year old photo submitted to me by Florendo ( Amading ) Romero. It shows his parents on their wedding day. What is amazing is that 1) The original photo is still in good condition. This is attributed to the fact that those old time photo paper used silver compounds in its emulsion ( printing ) sides . Silver, as a metal lasts forever ( or a very very long time )..

2) The lady at the back is my own aunt, the sister of my dad..Her name then was Filomena Costes. This is Stauro's maternal grandma ( an only photo in existence in the net)..Might as well send this link to your uncles and aunties, Stauro. Show this also to my sis Ester...

Florendo's Mom is one of the pioneers of photography in Asingan. She owned Perla's studio. 

And it is only now that I learned my aunt is her best friend..Only a good friend could be invited to be the sponsor of one's wedding day, a life's milestone..!

The bride ( Nana Perla ) is the dead ringer of her daughter, Esmeralda Romero who was my classmate in Dupac years ago ( 1952 ). Esmer died of cancer according to Amading..

 

My aunt, Filomena Costes ..

 

Looking at the BIG ( whole ) picture...I am now wondering who is the gentleman standing on one side? ( see an enlargement below )...

 

No comments: