Monday, May 28, 2007

from my youngest daughter, Bernadette

AH YEEAH!!
It took me 1 hr and 10 mins to finish the 10K race this weekend!
 
I didn't win a car or $5000 dollars but i got a medal and a free t-shirt!!
 
And no sore body parts!
 
Bernadette
 
***********
Good show, Berna..!!
Did I tell you I was once a runner too when I was younger ( about 3 decades ago )..I used to jog at 5:00 am in Asingan. Sometimes a pack of  mongrels would start  barking and running after me in certain sections of the poblacion.
 
During our hikes from San Roque to Agpay, San Nicolas, I would arrive in our destination still strong, whereas my companions were already sweating, whining and complaining about the hiking I put them through!...:)
 
***********
SOME PHOTOS FROM BERNA'S FIRST COUSINS IN MANILA
 
Architect Gilbert Hufana Viray is Berna's first cousin. Miguelita and Gilbert's mom Ellie are sisters. Shown here is Gilbert's family. Ellie is a retired manila school teacher...
 
 
Miguelita's sister Ellie is the lady holding a yellow life preserver. Her husband Paul is the gentleman in red..No names were sent to me, am just making up the caps as I go along..:)
 
The last time my family met them was last 1988..That was a balikbayan trip to remember. Nothing else could match the gaeity we had then...

No comments: