Thursday, May 31, 2007

comments from all over...

Cool birds!

Comment from abmystica

 

From Ben Soloria,

 I love the way you present something (mundane, shall I say??) like bird watching, and make it so interesting, worthwhile and enjoyable.  I do that too, every chance I get.   Perla and I love watching those avian invaders of our little planet (AKA backyard).  We're fond of the cardinals -  Virginia's
state bird, particularly.  Their eye-catching red-orange plumes glow so brightly and attractively against any kind of background.
   These things you do and write about remind us of the simple pleasures of life that we can easily overlook and take for granted. 

Thanks, buddy.  Keep writing and sharing your gifts.
  I've been keeping a low profile lately just admiring and enjoying the  myriad of literary gems posted in your web. And I've got to tell you how  much fun I have been having being absorbed in them.

***

 

Yep...I do love using the binoculars on the backyard..When the birds become boring, I shift my sight on one of my neighbour's yard..They have 2 YOUNG daughters in there, most of the time they are sunbathing..I AM JUST KIDDING!!

***

From Rain

When I was still in my old job at the British properties one of my delights was throwing bird seeds in the big backyard..Then a flock of birds and small animals come over to help themselves..I love the Blue Jays with gray, blue and black color around their eyes! There  are also ducks which sometimes splash into the swimming pool..there is  also a  noisy Macao bird in the house. He could whistle the opening tune of the THEME FROM THE GODFATHER..And that bird, each time I talk with someone on the phone starts, yaking, screeching and whistling as if he does not want me to talk with anybody on the phone..Many times I feel like wringing his neck, but that bird costs about 3,000$!..Well one time, he flew out of the house into the yard. A big raven came and started fighting with him. He was no match for the black bird and he came flying back into the house! He got his ass kicked at that time..:)

From Annie

I never run out of bird seed any day in our backyard.Terry (my other dog) likes to keep running after the fatso squirrel (he too has his own dried corn ) at the same time enticing Terry to come and get him.I can't open the backdoor since I knew he will run away so we just have to watch them do their tricks in our kitchen window.
 
Bird songs always wake me up everyday as they all gathered on top of the palm trees.At first I didn't like it since I want to sleep more... but I am getting used to it. It is now  music to my ears and am already looking forward to it the following morning.--#
 
***
 I love birds. They are so happy, carefree and full of fun, like little children...What more can I say? And it reminds me of one of the songs of that sage, King Solomon.....
--vic
 
 


 


 

No comments: