Friday, June 1, 2007

AJ IN PRINT

ROGER  and ME....
 
....But even if we do not see you this trip, I always see you ( in spirit ) here in the Pang.Org and in the AJ...I am going to put out volume 2 of Sunshine stories from Pangasinan ( volume 1 came out last year, a very limited edition :  check artwork below ) ..I used my photo printer, the printing presses of Kinkos and the cerlox bindery of my basement ..Some copies were given to my hosts in Hawaii, a few were mailed to my friends in the net..They loved the funny stories there, most readers said..It took a lot of time to collate and bind it, plus xerox printing and photo printing is quite expensive..I used photo paper on the front & back cover plus on some some colored plates inside..It was a collector's item!
 
 
We spent quite an afternoon at the Senior's home yesterday..Gee, it was funny and most of the laughs are unintentional!
 
VIC
 
Mr. Vic,
 
Roger is how my friends and close associate call me. Actually, I have another nickname, Rogel, which is used by my family and immediate relatives. Having two nicknames suit me; when lost in a crowd and somebody calls me, I immediately know who's the caller.
 
I'd like to have a copy of those Sunshine stories from Pangasinan which you are publishing. How much do you charge for each volume?
 
I like the volunteer service you're giving to the Seniors near your place. In fact, I'm giving my own kind of 'volunteer service' to my terminally ill uncle, a husband of my mother's youngest sister. He's presently being cared of at the house of one of his nurse-daughter home here in San Jose. .....
 
In between my 'caregiving services', I'm piecing in in the 'incubator' of my mind my next article to your AJ blog.
Until then,
 
Roger
 
******************
 
__________________________
___________________________
 
This is the front cover of  the compilation of stories I made last year.  Yes, I will send you a copy. Anybody who likes a copy can contact me too before I make the press run and final finishing of the book. I will be using thick photo paper for the front and back covers ( and a few colored plates inside ). It will be a keeper, a one of a kind publication. I have to charge a reasonable rate to cover postage, handling and production since I am not having any kind of advertisements.
 
It will feature works and photos of  contributors to my Blog, to mention a few: Sonny Espejo, Ben Soloria, Dahlia Connors, David Wise, Roger Mondala, Susan Villanueva, Yoli Ricasata,  Annie Cano, Archie Macanas, Sammy Antonio, Mia Costes Gonzales, Roger Leprozo,  myself, of course .....
 
Last year's issue had about 50 pages with a few photographic plates inside. There might be more pages this year. Photos were printed on premium photographic paper for color brilliance.
 
E-mail me if you want a copy. Each copy sent out must be pre-paid....
 
********************************
 

No comments: