Thursday, July 26, 2007

Remembering East POBLACION, Asingan Pangasinan

Mang Vic, 

 Thank you for sharing your journals.   I enjoyed those scenaries  about  plants and  nature outdoors. I am planning to print most of those and put them in my file. 

 Thank you as well for publishing  Susana  Delmendo’s picture.  She is as beautiful as I remembered  her to be. I hope she still remembers me by my nickname, Fe.  I just don’t know if she’s aware  that I married Rey (Renato).  She is the one who bought the De Gracia house Lolo Doro  (they called it “White House”)  in Asingan  Poblacion East. I can reminisce about the past in regards to the Delmendo sisters in Amianan. Everytime they were to sing songs in public, ( “Baile” that’s what they called, )  they were introduced as the “Delmendo  Sisters”.

 Of course their counterpart in Abagatan is the Navalta sisters ( me and my sister Yoly ) but that was a long  time ago. I also remember her as one of the beautiful teens in town (that includes, myself) just kidding!  

I admit that she danced gracefully. We always competed in the dancing contests held during  Christmas held in the  street dances surrounded by the Casimero’s, Alejo’s, Ginez’es,  Malalang’s , Dela Cruz’es  residences. Sometimes she wins sometimes, I win. It really depended on what category or what dance or music being played(stop dancing included as well).   

To me those were the best of times. Real Organic Party. They did  Christmas Carolings, we also did the same thing. But for us, we distributed envelopes in advance to rich folks and notify them that we will be coming to their house to sing carols. Then they would have time to put "x" amount of money which we used to buy gifts for the party or food for everyone  as well as to pay the music, That’s how I met my husband, (they used to own the movie theater in Asingan near  ASAT School). I  saw  two beautiful  eyes when he handed me the envelope but it was unfair because he saw the entire  me).  

The following day, someone was trying to locate where I lived with a bunch of friends, (like a gang).  

Radio Phono was so popular during those days.  (now they call it DJ). Remember this funny scenario? I don’t know if you had experienced it.   Even though the music was not played yet, a lot of  guys started to line up in front  just to make sure they get to dance with someone they really like.   I remember also that someone connived with friends  to throw a stone at a fellow whom they are familiar with so he  can’t have a chance to dance with  a certain young  young lady who was a favorite dance mate. But that didn't scare him black or blue. He was able to dance with the person he liked.  I just don’t know if he found out who did that to him. Bless his heart. 

I still remember I almost fainted when the person I had a crush on dance with me.  My knees were buckling up, but of course I pretended  not to show it and still made sure I did not dance too close! I don’t know if he knew but that is in  the past!  

These memories of the past makes me smile.  It’s such a wonderful feeling to see someone you know from  long time ago  because  the brain gets activated  with all these memories open up like a panoramic view. And your heart feels so happy and contented.  I have more to tell you  next time.

 Well Mang Vic,  Thank you, because of   you  and the pictures, I won’t be able to reminisce  these scenarios I’ve mentioned.  At least I know my brain still works like 20 year old. (?).   Regards to all and I hope I did not offend anyone  else with this story.  

Arsenia de Gracia 

##############################

check : http://journals.aol.ca/mabait42/ASINGANIAN-JOURNAL-book2/entries/2007/07/24/untitled/378

 

No comments: