Thursday, August 9, 2007

books for our Asingan youth

The project so far....

I received some e-mails from a very kind lady from Asingan who is doing a good job and inspiring others and helping our Asingan youth..I am not using her name to protect her privacy and also to show readers that we are doing it not for self glory, but for our sincere love to the town youth. They do not have the facilities and materials which the youth here have in North America, and which sometimes, they  take for granted.....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hi Mng. Vic,
 
I've sent the check yesterday.  Thanks for everything.
 
I can send the materials to you but it would be cheaper to send to them directly since they have Balikbayan boxes here.  The prices varies from $65-small, $75.00-medium and $85.00 for large.  It will take 6-10 weeks.  I have lots of children books and magazine already not gossip one,  I will send some pictures if you like.  I can fill the large box in two months.  I will pay for the balikbayan box.  I will check with my friend at the Phil ASEAN store because sometime they have a special that if you send 2 boxes the 3rd one will be free.
 
Please let me know.  I need address.
 
Cheers,
MMMMMMMMM

 

Hi !
 
I am sending you the addresse who is no other than Stauro himself...Sending them thru the box is a good idea, hope you will find some other books to send, depending on the size of the box you are using..
 
Thank you again,  for your concern in uplifting the reading skills of our Asingan youth..They really need these books to keep them away from bad company or excessive video games..
 
Stauro let us make a copy of a letter to be sent to as many Asinganians as possible all over the world..Sometimes actual copies ( rather than e-mails)  are very effective in solicitng help from the well to do citizens of the town..Then we could just enclose a link in the letter where they can see photos of the building ..I will also post in the AJ a photo of the books so they will know that the reading materials really exist and all we have to do is to send them over....
 
Thanks again guys, hopefully I could visit Asingan ASAP so we can get more photo coverage and we will be able to further our cause..
 
I hope we could also get a volunteer to act as a librarian until such time there would be enough funds to be able to hire somebody who would take care of the precious books..We do not like them to be lost, stolen, etc as soon as they are already in the shelves..
 
Yes, we need shelves too!
 
Thanks again,
 
VIC
 
*********************************
 
 
Hi uncle vic, im overwhelmd at the response of evry1 abt the projects  4 the library i intend it to be accesible to evry1 in the comunity so that we maximize our resources,i wil make a leter 2 evry1 re the book proj and we cud get inputs fr evry1,i think that danggay is a very ideal venue since its secure and spacious. will take some pictures and post it sa yahoogroups and send you copies. thank u god bless!
 
the address is #273 P.Ramos St., Poblacion West, Asingan, Pangasinan
zip 2349
Stauro Tendero Punongbayan 
****************************************

 

No comments: