Friday, May 9, 2008

Ros D. Balane's Family photos

Pare Vic,
 
These are our family pictures. No. 1 picture includes, from left: Arlan (your inaanak), Alana, Mia (my first apo, Arlene's daughter), Arlene, Abijo, Alta & me
 
next picture includes, from left: Arlene, Alana, Arlan (your inaanak), Alta & me 
 
ros

 

No. 1

 

No. 2

 

Ros Balane ( married to Alta, from Urdaneta ) and I shared a number of years working at the UP College of Forestry.  He finished MassCom at UP Diliman. In fact, he was the one ( I think ) who interviewed me when I applied for a  vacancy at this College nestling at the base of Mount Makiling.

He's a great guy, ( what can I say ) and when we run into some Writer's Block, we just talk away until we finally hit on some good ideas. Then it is just a matter who finished a story first.

One of our co-workers in UPCF is now in Toronto, Rose Tijam ( Hi Rose! ) She writes for a Filipino Community Newspaper. It is one of those free pick up copies found in many Filipino stores in Toronto.  These carry nice items about the Motherland, mostly about entertainment or politics.  These are  also handy if you are wrapping some tinapa for relatives or it there is a new puppy in your house that needs to be house broken. ( Don't shoot me guys, I am just kidding )..

Ros and I shared lots of adventures ( and misadventures ) and its a wonder we are still alive..As they say, only the good die young, tama ba, Pare ko?

 

He is still working for the Philippine government and will be retiring soon.  Like many others, he is setting his sights in seeing other cities, Toronto for starters.

Good luck Pare Ros..Keep your e-mails and photos coming.---#

 

 

No comments: