Friday, October 5, 2007

Sammy's photos with his family

a photo essay by Sammy Antonio

Remembering  Chrysanthemum

The face behind the poem

 

The "poet" with his Everlasting Chrysanthemum

 

A happy family....

*********************************************

Sonnet to My Evarlasting Chrystanthemum, formerly Ms. Cristita "Vivian" Somera


 

Bring Me Back That Summer
 
 
 
(Part II: Sonnet to My Everlasting Chrystanthemum, formerly Ms. Cristita "Vivian" Somera)
 
 
Who wouldn't miss that sunny day full of life during summer,
When  birds are free to fly, even the nightowl slept in slumber;
The night sky is glittered with stars in perfect number,
Leaving us to dream, tightly holding our hands together.
 
We used to fly nicely colored kites, on that verdant shore of greens; 
Holding  the string in unison, our kite soar high toward our dreams.
Then a strong wind blow and broke that thin, man made string;
The kite flew away, so with you, leaving me devastated and in vain.
 
Another summer season  had passed,  my heart is still in tears;
Longing for those days  when your vibrant laughter fills the air.
As if I could hear it, 'til your silhouette gradually appears;
I know you are a breath away, but in my thoughts you're near.
 
And now  the dark cloud of uncertainty looms along the horizon ,
Don't know where this lonesome journey leads me, as I travel alone.
 
 
Sammy
 
 
 
 
Comments...
(This is for all of us who were left behind. The death of our love ones is the hardest thing to cope  with. While there is still that emptiness in our life, writing verses or any other positive activities will somehow ease the burden and help focus our life towards a new direction.)..... Anonymous.
 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sammy,

for me to say that i could fully emphatize with your loss would be too presumptous. but losing my beloved son and namesake in an accident last year is just as unbearable. so please forgive me if i have appropriated your lines for my own to  express my deep, deep sorrow for Jay-ar's untimely passing.

I read your poem over and over until its clouded to a teary blur... thank you for putting into words what i was unable to say...

sonny

Anonymous said...

Sammy and Sonny,

No words can express the deep sadness I feel for the two of you. The love we have for our partner and the love for our children are irreplaceable, unforgettable. Does time really heal grief? I imagine so. It has to, if only for our family’s sake. Your strength is tested, yet you persevered. Those who are left behind to carry on with the memory, they count on you to be their anchor, their pillar, their rock.

We ought to grow old with our partner and no parent should ever outlive their child, yet some are dealt with these most immeasurable losses. Your ability to trudge forward despite of it all is a true measure of your significance to those of us who can only say that we truly are sorry for your loss.

Yoli