Monday, February 4, 2008

feedbacks on Mr. JEsteban's article

photos submitted by Marcie  Uson Wise

Hi Manong Vic,
 
Here 2 pictures of laki Joven, when he walked me down the aisle at my wedding(April 2, 1989). 
 
Cheers,
Marcie

Remembering Mr. Jovencio Esteban
Comment from: grlnasatrn
"Thank you for the beautiful tribute to my granfather.  He was a wonderful teacher and person...he sure is missed."

*******************

From: sonny
To: Marcie
Remote Name: mail.lwdesigngroup.com
Date: Monday, February 04, 2008

Hey, Marcie. Its my pleasure really to talk about a person to whom I owe a lot. Indeed he was great, not only as a teacher but as a person. She was my mom's teacher and idol, too in the Pacifican Institute before he moved over to the Rizal Junior College which eventually became Rizal Academy. I have to verify this, but i seem to recall that Bae Merin was actually the one related to my old folks in Dupac. My only regret is being unable to do this while he's still around. But I, and my family, always hold him dear. Please give my regards also to maam cely and the rest.

********************************

Hi Manong (Sonny ),

I would like to say thank you very much for the heartfelt tribute to my Laki Joven. He was my grandmother's brother. I attended his50th wedding anniversary in Anaheim, CA. (July 1986). He and his wife, Bae Mirin came to Hawaii when I got married, and he walked me down the aisle. I will send your tribute to all my auntie's Nery, Cely, Minda and Mila his children in California. I'm sure they will be very happy to read it. In July 2007, my family went to California and attended his granddaughter's wedding and we remembered him. We really missed him a lot. Once again THANK YOU. Marcie

****************************

No comments: