Sunday, September 9, 2007

ASINGAN JOURNAL REDEFINED
 
So I sent this e-mail to Stauro, my nephew who decided to stay in Asingan...
 
"So how is life in Asingan?
 
"I named my Blog Asingan Journal but the contents are far from Asingan happenings..Now that you are there, I wish you could help me edit/write some articles of local colour...Getting news from a place like Asingan could be a big difficulty, huh? But there are some places/activities  with potential story values..Belo Malala once worked with the defunct  Hometown News with Nonong Necissito and maybe he could contribute some write-ups too re: Asingan...
 
"I will continue writing re: Asinganians residing abroad and also my series on ONCE UPON A TIME IN ASINGAN.I am planning to write re: my grandfather who was born in Toboy. He never knew that someday, he would become a Mayor of Asingan.."
 
Stauro answered..
 
"The new format of the Journal would be a great project. Let's do it po. btw auntie esther says hello. she admits that she has some difficulty with the internet and has instead asked me to relay her messages.
 
"Theres a lot of activities here in asingan that we can include in the Journal, it will be great. i could write some articles also , being the frustrated writer that i am. hehehe. ....."
 
****
 
Having a writer, frustrated or otherwise, stationed in Asingan and who could relay some fresh stories re: the beloved hometown is indeed a boon to  us..I am also a frustrated writer..What the heck, but it never stopped me from writing..:)
 
Now all you need is a small camera..But I can not trust sending it thru the mail..! Maybe thru a kind hearted Balikbayan from Asingan..
 
When you have time, please  write an article why you decided to stay in Asingan..and a short article re: a typical day of yours in Asingan and beyond...
 
*****************************
 

No comments: