Saturday, September 15, 2007

Shopping at GW

a ceramic piece, intact..Called it THE STORY TELLER..It is not Royal Doulton but at first glance it looked like one. Price? 3.00$ Can...

"You shop where??"

"Soooo?" I said.."lots of businessmen and women go there..To buy stuff for their stores..Lots of collectors go there too..With magnifying glasses examining some odd looking knives or ceramic statuettes..Once in a while some serious collectors would mention some really valuable objects they found in this place.."

Yep, I have been visiting Goodwill for a number of years already..It is just a walking distance from my house. I need the hiking for exercise. And at the end of the hike, I love thinking of what stuff I could discover..Talk about motivation. A very powerful urge in anybody's life...

Many Asinganians in Toronto and suburbs are also in the habit. We usually share some funny incidents when we get together..One of them said that the day before a half-price sale ( half of what is already dirt cheap price ) he would hide the other pair of loudpeakers..Nobody would buy just one speaker..So the "claimant" would just pick up the other pair from under a stack of clothes or from the top of a bookshelf...Neat, huh?

Lately I have bought a nice Sanyo CD player with double tape player and which I matched it with some pair of speakers I have at home, it sounded just great! I see to it that every corner of my house has a sound system..ready to play music..

Aside from my electronic treasures, here are others which I was lucky to get before somebody else would!

See ya around folks..Have to go and check the Garage sales in my neighbourhood...:)

Emma playing with a Doll House made from plywood, ready to varnish ( which I promised myself to do )..Price? Just 5$..Comes with wooden mini accesories like sink, bed..etc. Small people were not included..

 

Here is a Madonna and Child which I picked up during a half price sale. I wound up paying 3.75$ Can. When my daughter Michelle saw it she said.."It is Ukrainian madonna.."

 

"How did you know?"

" The deign in the skirt is Ukrainian.."

That's what I thought too..Just did not want to say it first least I might sound like a blundering you-know-what..:)

 

***********************************

No comments: