Tuesday, September 25, 2007

food, glorious food,

part 2

PHOTOS and CAPTIONS 

SUBMITTED BY ANNIE CANO

 

Pandesal,puto bumbong,tokwa't baboy,puto kutsinta to go.

 

 
 
Clockwise--Spring roll,fried bangus,picadillo,embutido,tokwa,menudo,fajita.bulanglang and fried sapsap on top of the plate.That was Manang Arsenia's first plate..
 
 
 
Pinapaitan,  Visaya style..Still missing the real Ilocano pinapaitan.
 
 
That's what they call it arroz caldo ala bicolano...
 
 
Ginataang bilo-bilo with kamote.A plate of fried bangus,picadillo,sisig,and kare-kare (Manang Arsenia's plate)
 
 
 
My second serving:Kare-kare with alamang on top,sisig with sliced jalapeno and a talbos ti kamote with long beans (not to mention the name in Ilocano baka ma-censor)
 
 
My first plate:Bulanglang,paksiw na baboy with radish/ okra and embutido.
 
 
I was halfway finished with my Tokwa't baboy when I thought of taking pictures since we were all talking about food.
 
 
 
My daughter's fancy food:pandesal and puto kutsinta.Puto bumbong was mine since it was ages the last time I tried it.Way back '80's in Makati.
 
 ***********************************
 

No comments: