Monday, September 17, 2007

Remembering Manang Nerling ( Nitcha-Fernandez )

 

Manang Nerling was one of the well known business women in Asingan during the 60s..She was always busy all year round and she made many friends in Asingan, including me. According to her daughter Vicky, she was good in what she did. And made good money too.

She had this Beauty Parlor near the Asingan Market entrance then ( Southern Gate ) beside the Farmacia Pine..When the beauty parlor is slow, she manufactured vinegar in a warehouse near her house ( located  at the Eastern perimeter of the Market ).Her older sister who lives in Dupac was always good in this cottage industry.

Good fortune smiled on her family when their Visa to the US was approved. They settled in Sacramento, California. I had the chance to visit  her farm which grew many varieties of Filipino veggies.. They sold these veggies thru a Japanese store ( according to Vicky )during the early days as she continued her business acumen   abroad..There are several Filipino families in this part of California.

I saw her twice when I visited Sacramento. She was still friendly as ever.

I felt sad when I read about her passing away from Danny Nitcha one of her nephews whom I think  is residing in Los Angeles.  Her younger sister, married to Fidel Bruno also resides in Lake Tahoe.

I really feel sorry for her departure, and may God bless her soul. !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Searching online and found this posting. Thank you for this entry about her life. Nerlinda Nitcha Fernandez was my grandmother. We miss her very much.

-Lynnette Tejada Bello