Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Arsenia's poem

A FRIEND

 

Around the corner I have a friend

In this great city that has no end,

Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,

And before I know it, a year is gone.

 

And I never see my old friends face,

For life is a swift and terrible race,

He/She knows I like her or him just as well,

As in the days when I rang his or her bell

And he/she ring mine as well

But we were younger then

 

And now we are all busy and tired

Tomorrow I say, Ill call my friend just to show Im thinking of her or him

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,

And distance between us grows and grows.

 

Around the corner, yet miles away,

Heres a telegram stated "your friend died today"

And thats what we get and deserved in the end

Around the corner, a vanished friend.

 

Remember to always say what you mean

If you love someone, you have to tell them

Dont be afraid to express yourself

Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.

 

Because whenyou decide that it is the right time

Then it might be too late for them to know

Seize the day and never have regrets

Because friends no matter what are there for you to stay

Express yourself and let your feelings flow

 

Dedicated to all my friends, from Arsenia

No comments: