Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the baguio killer quake....

The Baguio Earthquake in 1990...

submitted by Rain

During that quake in 1990, where i was working for 9 years in Baguio, first I felt the the ground  rumble and rain started to fall like snow....

 
I was working when the quake happened. Power was shut off..Everything went dark...Everyone was running towards the exits....
 
Outside, everyone was wet because of the rains..Rains plus the shaking and the rumbling sound....
 
Baguio turned out to be a ghost town suddenly  because many people died...Saw a few of them... 
 
I lost my shoes while running..I stepped on broken glass..but I felt no pain because I was soo scared..I thought I would die..!
 
Then I found later that all communications were cut off....People were crying and praying..walking from our houses ....
 
My eyes saw the company beside my place of work crumble....The skies were dark because of the rain..the grounds were shaking ceaselessly..It really felt like the end of the world!
 
I fell on my knees, cried while I was praying hard....!!!!
 
This happened around 2:00 pm....What happened within the the next 24 hours was really unforgettable....People were lining up for food..There were lots of dead bodies all around us..Lots of debris,  people crying..it was terrible....!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: