Saturday, November 3, 2007

TALES FROM A DENTIST'S CHAIR

My dentist for several years now is a petite, married lady who finished Dentistry in UE several years ago. Now she works in a downtown clinic and because of my fondness for Hershey's chocolate, I have to visit the clinic every 3 months. The length of time allowed by my Insurance company for scaling ( teeth cleaning ) visits

On my last visit, she had to do some fillings on two teeth. She always have an assistant to give her what instruments/materials needed. She also need somebody ( her Filipina assistant ) to chat with while my mouth is fixed with all sorts of pins and gizmos preventing me to talk, just listen.

 My, those two ladies could chat like a couple of magpies.

story 1

Lady 1 "My friend here in Toronto had a boy friend in Manila. (The friend in Toronto is a man). "He wanted to sponsor his friend from Manila..Gay marriages are not allowed yet in Manila..He is trying to figure out what to do..."

Lady 2 "Well, he could come to Toronto as a tourist, get married here..Then maybe exit in Buffalo, then file a petition from there with their marriage certificate.."

L1 "That's an idea..Will the other one be called a husband or a wife?

L2 "Maybe a partner..if it is allowed by the court.."

story 2

L1 "Are there animals in your backyard?"

L2 "Yeah, there are rabbits, squirrels and also racoons.. One racoon I saw was as big as a dog.."

L1 "Racoons..You know what happened to a racoon in a friends house?"

L2 "No.."

L1"Well, there were these two Filipinos seniors.. Just arrived recently to visit their children here in Toronto."

L2 "Okay"

L1 "One night, a racoon came to their backyard, then pushed open their back door which at that time was open.."

L2 "Uh-uh.."

L1 The man found the racoon in the kitchen foraging the food bin. Then the man saw this sack nearby, and with some skill and sleight of hand he caught the animal.."

L2 Oh yeah? And what did they do? Did the call the human society?"

L1 Are you kidding?..These guys were just fresh off the boat. They thought they are still in the Philippines.."

L2 "So what did they do???"

L1 The old man took a 2 X 2, cause the animal started to struggle ferociously inside the sack. So he pounded the animal like dickens.Until the animal stopped moving.."

L2 "THEY KILLED IT???"

L1 I think so, when their son came home he gave heck to his folks telling them next time to call an animal agency, otherwise if neighbours would report them, they would be in big, big trouble!!!"

There was a peal of laughter..

story 3

l2 "You know what my neighbour told me recently?"

L1 "No, what?"

L2 "She was about to use the toilet bowl..When she opened, she saw the head of a big snake peeking out of the hole.."

L1 What??? Howdid the snake got in there??"

L2 Well there was this big storm in their area. Their house was near a river..The sewer pipe of their house drains into the river It seemd the big snake ( it was a seven-footer ) happened to enter the sewer pipe leading out of their house..So the snake saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and it was the toilet light.."

L1 "Ha-ha-ha!!!"

l2 "Sheesh.. Next time I will check my toilet bowl before sitting down on it..Imagine feeling a snake's tongue licking your ass all of a sudden..!"

 

The anaesthesia started to set in my jaw and toungue..Could not laugh even if I wanted to..---#

No comments: