Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baro's Pride and Joy....

 

MJV COUNTRYSIDE RESORT OF BARO ASINGAN PANGASINAN

A "Must" Itinerary for Visiting Asinganians

By: Polly de Jesus Bautista

Asinganians need not travel far to enjoy the amenities and comfort that a resort offers. Just under 5 minutes drive from the center of town is Countryside Resort, in Barangay Baro, Locals have been patronizing this sprawling relaxation spot for close to 9 years, & its clientele is growing as it continues to expand its service and attractions. Many of its guests come from neighboring towns of Tayug, San Manuel, Sta. Maria, Urdaneta and others.

The resort is my labor of love of the Bautista family, In April 1997. I and my two sons made a visit in Asingan to attend the annual town fiesta. What I observed and noticed among the local, gave me an idea of what to come next.

" There's a difference in the people’s lifestyle. They are fond of grand parties held in their cramped yards. The youths love to hang out," I recalled.

I sent back my two sons to the United States, while I decided to stay behind to figure out how to respond to the challenge posed by the changing lifestyle of my kabarangay. For a start, I introduced a catering business to the people of Asingan. Then I thought of expanding and diversifying my business. I developed the area around my ancestral residence for the purpose. The result: a picturesque, affordable gateway that's easilly accessible to Asinganians.

The resort features 6 clean, cool swimming pools for both young and adult.It is complete with slides and is surrounded by a shaded picnic area.

There are entertainment rooms where guests can playcoin-operated video machines and sing at the karaoke bar.

There are also billard tables, as well as gym and fitness center for men and women.

There is a chapel surrounded by green plants where wedding, baptismal ceremonies are held. For group conferences, there is an available fully- equipped conference room. The resort has a function hall that can accomodate 300 people. Here, wedding parties and other celebration are held and where food are prepared and served in-house.

A waterway purified drinking water is a part of the expansion for customer and household consumption in the community.

For those deciding an overnight stay, there are fully air-conditioned guest rooms with private bath,refrigerator and kitchen utencils. There are 3 Apartelle available for guests opting for a discriminating lifestyle.

How much the resort is contributing to Asingan's economy is not available , but an investment of this kind sure is a boom to the town. It helps promote local tourism and provides an incentive for other Asinganians, particularly those living abroad, to invest their money in the town of their birth.

Anyone interested to know more about the resort my contact POLLY DE JESUS BAUTISTA in Asingan, tel. no. (075) 563-5618 or 09215417617 (Cell).

 

 

 

for more photos, click on the link below:

http://www.pangasinan.org/asingan/

then click on  the MJV Countryside Resort link...

No comments: