Wednesday, January 30, 2008

a touching story

Don’t Cry Joni…(  story behind the song )

This song reminds me of a  girl who had a crush on me. I was in college in Manila that time and I lived in my uncle's house in Pag-asa, Quezon City.

This girl,  our neighbor was 14 and I was 24 years old.  One day it surprised me when her friend handed me a letter from her. I opened the letter with 3 words on it and I was shocked.  I can’t believed what I read from a girl whom I ignored.

Subsequently I concealed my feeling so as  not to embarrass her. But it did not prevent me to tell  just one person : my wife Benilda. She just smiled after I told her.

Three months later,  I did  not see her anymore because I moved  to Sampaloc with Benilda. I saw her once in a while when I visited my relatives. We just exchanged smiles.

Four years later, I was about to go to America I anticipated some thing will  happen so I would  see her. I have to stay in Pag-asa to get ready for my travel to America. I stayed there for 2 days.

Well, many people knew she had a crush on me.  Then I saw  her and I noticed she become a pretty “mestisa” at the age of 18. But still I don’t gave her any attention. I was so embarrassed when she came to me and hugged me.

Benilda showed some signs of discomfort..  When we were heading to the Airport, Benilda said, “I am glad you won’t seeing her anymore hmp!” I asked her if she is jealous although  it was pretty obvious.

After 3 years I received a letter from my cousin in Pag-asa with her letter attached. The letter told me that I would be a “NINONG” to her first baby.


My  story might be different from the lyrics of “Joni please don’t cry!” but every time I hear this song, I always  remember her..End of my story..

Song Lyrics

Woman - Jimmy please say you'll wait for me
I'll grow up someday you'll see
Saving all my kisses just for you
Signed with love forever true

Man - Joni was the girl who lived next door
I've known her I guess 10 years or more
Joni wrote me a note one day
And this is what she had to say

Woman -Jimmy please say you'll wait for me
I'll grow up someday you'll see
Saving all my kisses just for you
Signed with love forever true

Man - Slowly I read her note once more
Then I went over to the house next door
Her tear drops fell like rain that day
When I told Joni what I had to say

Man - Joni, Joni please don't cry
You'll forget me by and by
You're just fifteen
I'm twenty two
And Joni I just cant wait for you

Man - Soon I left our little home town
Got me a job and tried to settle down
But these words kept haunting my memory
The words that Joni said to me

Woman - Jimmy please say you'll wait for me
I'll grow up some day you'll see
Saving all my kisses just for you
Signed with love forever true

Man - I packed my clothes
And I caught a plane
I had to see Joni
I had to explain
How my heart was filled
With her memory
And ask my Joni if she'd marry me

I ran all the way
To the house next door
But things weren't like they were before
My tear drops fell like rain that day
When I heard what Joni had to say

Woman - Jimmy, Jimmy please don't cry
You'll forget me by and by
It's been five years since you've been gone
Jimmy I married your best friend John


if you want to listen the song Please click this site: http://music.yeucahat.com/listen.php?s=411

******

Well, what can I say Archie? Everybody do not have a chance to be a Godfather to a child of a pretty lady..I guess it is the second  best thing to being a father, don't you think so?...:)

--vic

**********************

No comments: