Monday, June 25, 2007

 Asinganian Association of Los Angeles Picnic June 23, 2007…

From the picnic Mr. Lito Badua renounced his presidency for the reason he is going to be retired and go back to  the Philippines for good. He will  manage their Beach resort in La Union. Surprisingly after the announcement Mr. Fred Palma the former President of the Organization chatted with me and he said he is also going back home for good. From the kind of conversation between us with Mr. Fred Palma everyone blended into a group discussing what  to do if  they  go back home for retirement.
 
Manong Joe Del Mendo an Asingan  retiree  now here in the US was talking about his achievements in the Philippines. He went back home 10 years ago and he started his cable company from scratch. He faces many trials and critics around him. He said, "even my relatives were my critics but I just ignored it and be came positive and moved on.  I really a gambled and  it took me more than 5 years before I  had it established".
 
Beside  his cable business he tried Fish Farming and became very successful. He bought a ranch in Moncada Tarlac with  165 hectares, he build around 65 "Popokan" with one hectare each and he is still continuing to build on the  land he bought.
He also put up  a call center business in Baguio City with almost hundred employees. According to the entrepreneur magazine Philippines took all over the customer service job in the US it was in India before.
 
Filipinos have a better understanding of the  English language . Call Centers in the Philippines are now very trendy .
 
I think the salaries of  employees could be better than those of teachers or  bank managers.
 
Manong Joe elaborately explained to me how the business works.  Operators of  this business are those who can travel in out of the USA. Meaning Balikbayans like us, of course... 
 
Every Asinganian I met they talk to me about their retirement back home. I guess they were awakened from my  article from Manong Vic's  Journal about the real state business and retirement in the Philippines. I wrote it after I went home November last year.
 
They were all talking the Asingan Internet. Part of it, I am sure is  the AOL Journal of Manong Vic. I am quite sure many are learning a few things from this Journal aside from its entertainment values..
 
. I told them that you are coming in L.A. they said, sayang daw at hindi nataon sa picnic para makita ka rin daw nila".
 
I am not related to Manong Joe del Mendo but I think he is a very good achiever and I want to use him as an example that anybody can achieve SOMETHING in a lifetime.. I know some of us  might envy  him. But  I hope we will be inspired by his work instead of adopting the  "crab mentality.."
 
If the Koreans can do it why can't we?
 
If we can, let us go back someday and do something for our community, Asingan....--Arsenio Macanas
 
Picture 01 From Left to right Rudy Alejo, Ralphy Agsalud, Fred Carriaga.

 

Picture 02 From Left to Right Mario Agsalud, Joe Del Mendo, Pepe Cardinez.
 

Left to Right Lito "Botog" Badua and Fred Palma BBQ time.
 

"DONUT" eating contest, Ready get set go!

 

Ready get set go!

 

Banana eating contest contestant, the lady holding with the envelope was the winner.

 

 Ready for picture taking Asinganian picnic attendees.

 

 

Ana Fe Eligeno try to get the pakbet. Hmm… yummy!

 

Food from the picnic Katuday salad.

 

Food Kalding Pinapaitan.

 

 Archie on the left...Mario Agsalud on the right...RIGHT??

The camera man were busy taking video and pictureswhile everybody were busy mingling and Idle talk.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some pakbet!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss home too...but I am about to spend a many-day holiday, part of which I will use to embark on a a little photo project I will dub " The Churches of Pangasinan",  hehe...will use your journal with your permission to diary it hopefully on a day to day basis or as the photo comes in.

I will use digital camera, since I wont have money to develop films.

giveusrmoneyjoe said...

did he also mention that a case was file against him, his call center company (Globallink Contact Solutions) and his all his cohorts? Over 50 employees (agents)of the said call center filed the case because of not paying them their unpaid salaries, nightshift differential, 13th month pay, holiday pay, service incentive leave, and commissions. of almost 3 months. A writ of execution was issued but he never paid back the employees, not even a single centavo, considering they had signed an agreement to pay what they owe in 7 monthly installments. The day he and his cohorts signed the agreement was also the last time he was seen, he has been in hiding since...and it's been almost 6 years. most of the employees are still waiting for the money they had worked hard for.

giveusrmoneyjoe said...

by the way, here's the link for the comment above. http://www.baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph/articleview.asp?mode=archives/2008/may/5-4-2008/bus4.txt