Monday, June 25, 2007

 

NORMA’S THOUGHTS ON A SUMMER AFTERNOON

No matter what happens in our lives,
we have at least one choice.
We can either say, "THAT’S GOOD!" or
"ISN’T THAT AWFUL?"


The more we can say "That’s Good,"
the happier we wIll be because

resistance magnifies pain, and labelling something
as "bad" is resistance.
When we feel ourselves resisting an incident
denouncing it as
"bad",we can stop and conciously choose a more
positive reaction, attitude., a deep feeling towards it..

I’ve chosen to look at things with optimism,
and look at the bright side of this incident..

.
"Something good will come out of this..!" I would say, then would stop crying and move on

With my life...

 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Something good will come out of this..!"  -  what a positive attitude! It inspires boundless enthusiasm to move on with life no matter how dire the present circumstances are. Thanks for the inspiration, Norma.

I use another phrase to pump up my adrenalin whether I find myself in rock bottom or on top of the world – “This to shall pass”. When I’m down and burdened, it offers hope that I could climb my way back if only I’m willing to try. And when buoyed with intoxicating success, it reminds me that the moment of glory is just temporary, and I may lost it anytime if it goes to my head or stay complacent about it.

Anonymous said...

correction: this too shall pass...  too not to. i havnt got my morning coffe yet he he he.