Friday, June 15, 2007

 I was calling you on my way home and the only thing I heard was Hello. I redialed and another Hello followed by answering machine,Did you hang up on me on purpose because we are your wayward kids?

******

SORRY! Yesterday was a fiasco in our home office because I was rushing my compilation...It is done and you have lots of articles in it..It has a special colored page of children's photos, I included one shot of Marianne..
 
It came to 100 pages..I will have  only 30 volumes printed initially..Each page, because it is xeroxed cost 10 cents..It gives you a rough idea of how much one spends for self publication..
The book is a labour of love when it comes down to it..It is fun..And it looks quite different from the AJ online...This is one AJ where you do not need a computer to read it..And it stays with you until somebody would accidentally take  your collector's copy and place it into the recycle bin..
 
The final articles are:

1. Remembering Semana Santa 2.Childhood memories in Asingan  3. Springtime in Asingan4. An Open Letter

5.In Memory of My Father  6. My Mother 

7. Family Gathering  8.Cornelia and Mother Teresa

9. My Impossible Quest  10. Trudging Along Fine Thread

11. A Very Touching Letter  12. Stares of Innocence

13. Peanut Butter  14. 3 poems by Rain

15. 3 Poems by Ayee 16. Christmas Poems

17. Anak ng Lupang Sinilangan 18. Vacation in Asingan

19. My Faith, My Vessel, My Destiny 20. War Years in Pangasinan

21. My Everlasting Crysenthemum 23. From Annie

24. Rediscovering the Philippines  25. The Power of the Human Spirit

26. Dateline Mangatarem  27. Mapua is in the Heart Forever

28. Visiting the Rizal Shrine  29. Pedro Calosa and the Battle of Tayug

30. Fire in the Hole  31. School Day Memories

32. Dwelling the Past in Asingan  33. Story of A Ring

34. Heather Soloria  35. An Incident in Old Manila

36. Old Manila, the City I Loved  37. How the Kids Played War Games in Cabincolan

38. Our Fortune Tree Bloomed Last Mother’s day  39. Articles on House Restoration

40. Remembering Asingan  41. Ang Kuya Jay-Ar Ko

42. A Woman Named Kitty  43.  Norma's thoughts on a Summer Afternoon

44. Memory Box ( colored photographs )

 
VIC
 
I will send out shortly copies of books to those who wrote me..

No comments: