Wednesday, June 13, 2007

from Blog tp Print

so far, so good...

After the copy-and-paste routines ( I must have done  hundreds of 'em ), I finally started printing the masters/proofs of the book. It was quite an emotional experience, reading again the articles which are stored in the memory of my computer and reliving the feelings I had when I read them and published them for the first time..

Sonny Espejo's REMEMBERING SEMANA SANTA opened the anthology, then came the works of Yoli Ricasata starting on page 9..on to Dahlia Connors until we get to the poetry section featuring simple works of mine, Susan and Marissa..A short but sweet story of my own grandaughter Mia Costes Gonzales is also in this section...That covers the first half ( 50 pages of 100 ).

The next ones were not "pulled out" yet out of the Pagemaker data files. These are works of SDA, Annie Cano, Archie Macanas plus 2 of SS's photo essays ( the one about Mapua and the Rizal Shrine )..The light account of David Wise ( Marcie Uson's  husband now assigned in Washington DC ) gives an account of Philippine life from the view point of an American Diplomat. I wish my budget would allow me the printing of the photo essays in colour, but you can always see them again in the Blog's archieves...

Then comes the battle of Tayug ( an old Filipino movie was based on this episode ). Of course, it is better to read the written account which would be different from the movie's screenplay..It is quite a time consuming exercise, especially filling up the empty spaces which come after you have laid down a long article. You have to fill them up, and I did quite a few of these by using some of Longwaybye's very incisive comments..Colour plates of beautiful faces from the DC family intermixed with  flowers from Peter's Paradise ended the book. Well, you might like checking the photos first before doing some serious reading ( and scrutinizing ).....:)

The computer could have made my work at the UP College of Forestry Extension decades ago as a periodical editor. But at that time ( early 70s ) these machines still belonged to the realm of Science-Fiction---#

No comments: